Monday, August 1, 2011

Walker is picking up my hat!


About 9 months ago, Walker started pulling his supplement containers out of the bucket hanging in front of his stall with his teeth when I would be grooming him. It occured to me that I could take advantage of this by rewarding him for doing so with cookies. Before long, he started to pull out whatever I put in there for a cookie reward. 

It wasn't long before he was picking up my hat with his teeth from the top of my tack box. Then from the ground in front of the box, and now from the arena floor. 

This weekend, without any hints from me, he started plucking tools from the hanging rack in the arena. First, the feather lines, then his halter, even the carrot sticks. All this from my right brained extrovert. What an amazing horse!

 
Thanks, Wendy, for capturing Walker being so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment