Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Parelli's 13 things we should all be able to do with Excellence

Catching game
Haltering
Pick up feet
Saddling
Bridling
Mounting
Neutral lateral flexion
Direct rein
Indirect rein
Supporting rein
9 step back up
Soft feel at halt
Trailer loading

This was a great list to be thinking about when I was going through the Fast Track course, but especially now that I am becoming a Parelli Professional. It gives me a blue print of what I should be asking my students to think about in their Parelli journey. So if we are supposed to be teaching to the task, what are the elements in making this list happen? My journey as a Parelli professional is just starting, but it is interesting how my new perspective is putting a fresh face on my own horsemanship journey. 

For those of you who have been following my posts, I have to apologize for not updating you more often. So many things have been going on in my life that I have had a hard time figuring out how to get it all to fit together and get done. But I have committed myself to being more consistent with my posting.

Walker, Mav and I are doing really well. I have had a very interesting 4 months with Walker. Some real highs and lows at our Fast Track course, which made it both exciting and very challenging at times, mostly mentally and emotionally. More on that over time...

1 comment:

  1. Great post about Parelli Natural Horsemanship Journey. Good luck to your journey.

    Pat Parelli said "A horse doesn't care how much you know until he knows how much you care."

    click here

    ReplyDelete