Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Having a willing instructor

It would be a "shame on me" moment if I did not thank Cody for being the kind of person who is willing to work with me in our training sessions. I understand what she is saying regarding spurs, and I totally admit that she is absolutely right that Walker is blowing off my leg cues. What I told her was that I did not feel ready for the spurs. I really felt that to use them at this point would be to "force" my horse to listen, when what I really need to do is get him even more hooked on to me both on the ground and in the saddle. We are working on that, and I think last weekend proved that what we work on together progresses naturally and sometimes quite rapidly. How smart is my horse? He gets smarter every time I have an "ah-ha" moment!
So, thank you, Cody! It took me a long time to find you, and I am so happy you are right here in my own backyard. You are a most unusual combination of brains, passion, common sense and optimism. The fact that you love and understand Arabs in no small measure adds to your list of positive attributes.

No comments:

Post a Comment