Thursday, October 29, 2009

Show scratch

This has been a very stressful week, hence no posts. My husband, Randy, had neck and thumb surgery on Monday. Thankfully, all went well and now feeling has returned to his fingers and triceps muscle. What a blessing. Randy has been through so much with his spine. We are really lucky to have access to such wonderful physicians like his pain doctor, Dr. White and his surgeon, Dr. Bindal.

On Sunday, Walker came up lame for the first time since he had hoof abscesses over a year ago. We had to scratch from the schooling show that day. It was very disappointing, but mostly I a concerned about how serious his injury is. He seems to be favoring his right hock area, but our vet, Dr. Criner, is coming to see him today, so I will know more then. I hate having to leave him in his stall, but I have no choice right now, I need to make sure he doesn't injure himself further. The only bright spot is that we have had so much rain, he would have had to stay in his stall anyway, at least now there is a really good reason for him not to get out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment