Friday, October 23, 2009

Getting ready for show

I am coming to realize that writing a blog takes serious time and commitment. I also have to admit that I enjoy reading and re-experiencing my past moments with Walker and everyone at the barn, both horses and people. I wonder, does that make me egoistic, just completely horse crazy or both?
The last week we have had great weather and even nicer evenings at the barn. I have taken advantage of this by riding Walker in anticipation of my first schooling show this coming Sunday.
Walker is coming to realize that we need more speed and rythym when under saddle. And I believe he is actually starting to enjoy the challenge. I am very lucky that he is so food motivated, as I believe it has really improved our friendly game to the point that he would rather be with me than with his horse buddies.
Can't wait to go out and see him today! We've had torrential rains the last two days, so he is going to have lots of frisky energy to expend!

No comments:

Post a Comment