Monday, May 24, 2010

Two great days, trail riding and naked riding (the horse is naked!)

Wendy and I had a great weekend starting with a lovely trail ride along the levies surrounding the Riverstone subdivision in Missouri City. There are miles of wide open grass to ride along where these levies exist! It is just fabulous. Walker and Bingo both trailer loaded beautifully, thank you, Nancy C. It was a very hot day, with a hot wind, so the horses were happy to get home and hosed down. The shower when I got home felt like heaven on earth.
Then yesterday, Wendy had her first naked riding experience with Bingo. She voiced aloud that Bingo felt calm and happy enough to ride without his bridle, and I encouraged her to try. The worst thing that could happen is she might have to hop off, and he did appear very calm. It's great to have an iPhone so I could tape her experience. What fun, as Walker was also "naked" so this was my first experience as videographer while riding my horse naked. They did great, and now I have a record of it! I still remember the thrill of taking Walker's bridle off for the first time, walking, trotting and cantering. There is no feeling quite like it, that combination of trust and connection with your horse. I told Wendy that she was now part of a very small number of horse owners/riders who have ridden their horses in such an intimate way. She could not get the grin off her face!

No comments:

Post a Comment